Bona Traffic HD two Component, Waterbourne Coating
Product type: 2-component waterborne polyurethane topcoat
Solids content: approx. 32%
Sheen (at 60°): Silkmatt 40%, Matt 20%, Extra Matt 11% (on glass)
Mixing ratio: 1 part hardener to 1 litre Traffic HD or 0.41 L hardener to 4,54 L Traffic HD (≈8 vol%)
Pot life: max. 4 hours at 20°C (shorter if warmer)
Dilution: If required, dilute with 4% Bona Retarder for a longer open time. Drying time, until: Recoating: 2-3 hours* Light use: 6 hours* Possible to cover: 3 days* *under normal climate conditions, 20°C/60% R.H. Application tools: Bona Microfleece Roller or Swivel Head Applicator. Application rate: 8-10 m2 /litre (100-120g/m2 ) per coat
Safety Coating: Unclassified Hardener: Classified (see Safety Data Sheet) Cleaning: Wipe tools free from residual material before cleaning with a minimum of water. Dried material can be removed with acetone.
Shelf life: Coating: 1 year from date of production in unopened original container Hardener: 18 months from the date of production in unopened original container
Storage/transport: The temperature must not fall below +5°C or exceed +30°C during storage and transport.
Disposal: Waste and emptied containers should be handled in accordance with local regulations.
Pack size 3 x 4,95 litres incl. hardener (0,41 lit)
Certificates: EMICODE; EC1PLUS – Very low indoor emissions GreenGuard Gold EN 14904:2006; approved friction for sports floors EN 13501-1; Reaction to fire Qualifies for LEED and BREEAM points. Additional detailed information is noted in the appropriate Safety Data Sheet.
PREPARATION Ensure floor is acclimatised to its end-use environment, well sanded, dry, and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination.
Allow lacquer and hardener to reach room temperature, insert filter and shake the container thoroughly before use. Optimal conditions for use are between 18-25°C and 30-60% relative air humidity. High temperatures and low humidity shorten, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
Standard protocol: Previously lacquered surfaces: 1 x Bona Primer1 Cleaning and superficial abrasion 2 x Bona Traffic HD1 1-2 x Bona Traffic HD
For colouration: 1 x Bona Craft Oil 2K2 2 x Bona Traffic HD 1
the surface should receive three coats in total. 2 to minimise the potential for oil bleed back, it is advised to be restrictive with the application rate. Using a cloth wrapped around a pad under a buffing machine for application helps maintain the oil at the surface.
Observe: It is not recommended to apply more than two full coats of primer and/or lacquer per day due to risk of excessive wood swelling. Ensure good ventilation during drying. Poor drying conditions may reduce product performance and adhesion.
1) Shake the lacquer can and add the hardener component. Immediately proceed to shake the mixture carefully for one minute. Use the mixture directly or at least within four hours. If mixing smaller quantities of lacquer, then one section on the hardener bottle corresponds to 1 litre of lacquer. 2) Apply using a Bona Roller at 8-10m2 /litre (100-120g/m2 ). Roll alternately across and with the grain of the wood avoiding accumulations of product. Always maintain a “wet edge” to avoid overlaps.
3) Allow to dry properly before applying further layers. Ensure proper ventilation.
4) If necessary, make an intermediate sanding using the Bona Scrad System P150 grit (or finer) and remove dust before applying a final layer of lacquer. Note: If the previous layer of lacquer/primer has been allowed more than 24 hours drying time then an intermediate sanding is always required.
Floor will take light foot traffic approximately 6 hours after the final application and may be put into full use after 12 hours. Allow the surface to dry for at least three days before covering with carpets or other floor coverings. Also avoid placing heavy objects or damp mopping the floor during this time. Note: If Traffic HD has been combined with Bona Craft Oil 2K then the surface must be allowed to cure for one week before the surface is covered.
RECOATING Detailed recoating instructions are available on the Bona Traffic HD product page at www.bona.com.
MAINTENANCE Cleaning with the correct products is easy; When you choose Bona cleaning and maintenance products you can relax knowing that you have chosen the best possible product to help you care for your floor. End user maintenance instructions are available at the Bona Traffic HD product page on bona.com. Detailed maintenance instructions are available for both homeowners and professional end users. Please print out a copy of the relevant instructions and give it to the end user.
• Plasticisers found in materials such as carpet underlays, furniture legs, castors and adhesives used for fixing can lead to softening and discolouration. Exposure to hair dyes or rubber tyres on cars, cycles and baby strollers can lead to permanent discolouration of the surface. Use protection or completely avoid contact.
• Spills should be removed promptly. Unattended spills may cause cosmetic stains or damage the surface. Please note that whilst Bona lacquers are designed to provide a sealed surface that is resistant to wear, scuffing and spillage, etc. No surface applied finish system can prevent physical damage to the timber or “harden” the floor. Indentations in the wood and scratches may be caused by furniture, dropped items, dog claws, etc. and steps should be taken to reduce the possibility of this occurring.
The information in this document and all other advice and recommendations that we provide to help and assist the applicator are based on previous experience and extensive testing but makes no claim to be complete. Because of the wide range of possible uses and conditions of application of our products, we do not relieve users from the need to carry out their own trials or to seek technical advice from Bona before use. Bona can only guarantee its products and not the construction as a whole. Observe recommendations from flooring manufacturer and the provisions of relevant standards.
2023-04-19 This data sheet replaces all previous versions please check bona.com to ensure that you have the latest version.